What We Treat
- Chronic & acute pain– Also known as the number one reason to see an acupuncturist. Conditions such as joint and muscle pain, nerve pain, bone pain, fibromyalgia, arthritis, as well as headaches and other discomforts. Most conditions with a “pain” component to them will respond well to acupuncture.
- Gynecological and Urological issues – including benign prostatic hypertrophy, endometriosis, PCOS, menstrual difficulties, and menopausal symptoms such as hot flashes.
- Fertility- including general fertility support as well as situations involving all assisted reproductive technologies. We work with many local reproductive endocrinologists and are experienced in seeing people through many advanced reproductive procedures, including IUI and IVF. We also treat many people to support them through healthy pregnancies and after birth; many breastfeeding parents come to us for treatment of plugged ducts, mastitis and to build milk supply.
- Fatigue, including chronic fatigue syndrome, or just a general feeling of being tired or run down. Stress induced fatigue or anxiety are also common reasons to get treated with acupuncture. Addressing the stress component within the body has been shown to have a positive effect on upwards of 80% of all conditions as well as leaving you just feeling pretty darn good.
- Most conditions that respond to drug treatment respond even better to acupuncture and Chinese herbs, without the side effects.
- Most chronic or seasonal conditions such as allergies, asthma, and lung or sinus related conditions will respond extremely well to acupuncture and can be an excellent way to keep yourself feeling good.
- Various autoimmune disorders such as rheumatoid arthritis and lupus are well controlled with a course of regular acupuncture “maintenance” treatments. Inflammation can be a major component of these conditions, and acupuncture addresses this quite well.
- Conditions that don’t respond to conventional treatments are some of the best candidates for acupuncture. We see good success with “mysterious” symptoms that are hard to pin down to one specific cause.
- Health problems with a mental or emotional component respond extremely well to acupuncture. Physical disorders such as Irritable Bowel Syndrome, fibromyalgia, insomnia, and migraines will often flare up during times of stress. Depression and anxiety are also both great candidates for acupuncture. We also treat many people for support with overcoming addictions as well.